How to Sell Your Denver-area Home Faster, for Top Dollar
To make sure your home sells as quickly as possible, you should do as many of the following as possible:
- De-clutter your house by removing all knickknacks, magazines, and anything else on surface areas.
- Remove all small appliances and other clutter from the kitchen counters.
- Remove all items such as magnets and photos from your refrigerator.
- Remove all family photos from your walls and all personal items. Personal items are distracting to buyers, who want to imagine themselves and their belongings in your home.
- Remove as much furniture as possible to make your rooms look bigger.
- Ensure buyers have a clear path to walk through your home.
- Wash or paint dirty walls.
- Clean all carpets and polish all floors.
- Spray Febreeze or a similar fabric deodorizer on all carpets, upholstered furniture, and drapes.
- Clean out and straighten up the kitchen cabinet interiors and the closets.
- Replace burned out light bulbs. Replace low wattage bulbs with a higher wattage to make the house brighter for showings.
- If there are children in the house, clean up the toys.
- Clean all kitchen appliances inside and out.
- Clear patios or decks of all small items, such as planters, flowerpots, charcoal, toys, etc.
- Trim all shrubs and trees.
- Clean all windows inside and out.
- Clean up outside, mow lawn, rake leaves, sweep or shovel walk if necessary. Make sure all paths are clear.
- Make sure your house looks inviting from the street and as you approach the front door. First impressions are the most important when it comes to selling your house.
When a showing is scheduled for your home you should:
- Open all curtains and blinds.
- Leave all lights on during showings.
- Make sure your home smells good. Consider baking cookies before a showing, ready-to-bake cookies are easy and smell great.
- Play soft music during showings.
- Make sure your house is clean and all dishes are put away before showings.
- Pets should be absent, or at the very least securely crated or in the back yard, during showings. Litter box should be invisible.
Call me today at 303.550.8563 for a FREE, no obligation, evaluation of your home including staging recommendations and a return on investment (ROI) report for recommended repairs and upgrades.